Are you passionate about hairdressing?
Do you believe that qualifications are key to your long term success in this industry?
There is no better place to start than the 24 week AHA Diploma in Hairdressing course. Recognized for its conformance to international syllabus guidelines as laid down by HABIA, this modern hairdressing course builds a strong foundation. All cutting, colouring, styling techniques that essay the AHA philosophy will be yours.
The course is divided into 3 important stages covering all of the subjects needed to provide you skills for hairdressing success. Personal guidance and mentoring from AHA instructors throughout all work sessions; theory and practical assignments that assess your progress at regular intervals; personal appraisal to ensure you are achieving the learning goals and a few of the many reasons our students are transformed into Hairdressing stars.
Diploma in Professional Hairdressing
6 months – 4 hours a day, 5 days a week
NVQ Level 2 Equivalent
- Foundation Hairdressing Fundamentals Tools of the Trade, Scalp Disorders, Hair Design, Product Profiling, General Trichology, Hair Chemistry
- Foundation Salon Management Concepts Hairdresser Information System, Personal Grooming, Hygiene – Personal and Salon, Business Practices, Working Together, Ethics in Hairdressing
- Foundation Hairdressing Skills Hair Cleansing & Finishing, Blow-drying, Hair Care Treatments, Hair Cutting, Hair Colouring, Perming, Hair Styling – Basic, Relaxing, Roller Setting
- Project Work
Advanced Diploma in Professional Hairdressing
4 months – 4 hours a day, 5 days a week
NVQ Level 3 Equivalent
- Advanced Hairdressing Fundamentals Advanced Trichology, Advanced Physiology, Science in Hair – Chemistry & Physics
- Advanced Salon Management Concepts Maintain & Improve Services to the Client, Financial Effectiveness of Salon Business, Health & Safety & Security in the Salon, Implementation of Promotional Activities, Managing a Salon Business – Owners Perspective
Advanced Hairdressing Skills
Advanced Hair Cutting, Straightening, Advanced - Hair Colouring, Advanced - Hair Styling, Advanced Blow-drying, Advanced Perming
- Project Creating Portfolio of 3 to 6 Makeovers - Using three of the following four skills of Cutting, Colouring, Perming and Setting/Dressing hair a documented makeover (before & after) for models to be performed by students. The Design and Look Creation should be Fantasy, Avant Garde, and Commercial